Regional Licensing Manager, Northeast Asia
Date Posted: October 6, 2020
Department: Sales & Licensing
Reports To: Director, Sales & Licensing – Asia
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location: Seoul, Korea
Working under the direction of the Director, Sales and Licensing – Asia, this position is responsible for identifying and obtaining new business for Sulzer GTC technology sales, building long-term customer relationships, providing technical solutions, and coordinating in-house proposals for the Northeast Asia region.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Account Management: Maximize contact with key accounts, key contacts and other critical sources of work. Prioritize accounts and focus efforts to obtain new work.
- Sales Performance: Meet sales goal in assigned area of responsibility. Ensure that projects sold meet Sulzer GTC guidelines by screening opportunities, determining and executing a sales strategy, contract negotiation, risk identification, profit potential and analysis, and communication of customer needs and expectations. Ensure liaison with other departments as appropriate in relation to legal, financing, tax or other issues. Regular customer visits to gather intelligence and to promote technology sales.
- Customer Relations: Foster and develop positive customer relationships which result in increased business. Know customer needs and assist in the development of project solutions that satisfy those requirements and provide business opportunities for Sulzer GTC.
- Give technical presentations at industry conferences.
- Preparation of presentation materials and proposal development.
- Preparation of internal reports for work summary, project status, and planned actions.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to plan properly for sales opportunities and correctly position Sulzer GTC for acceptance. Utilize all available means and skills. Be able to close the sale.
- Assist with the development and execution of the Sales and Marketing Plan. Develop customer opportunities and relationships that support the plan. Must have strong ability to take an opportunity from inception through the complete acquisition process to obtain a contract.
- Effectively screen potential customers and opportunities while developing appropriate strategies to make successful sales.
- Collect and analyze market data including information on competitors in order to properly plan and develop appropriate sales strategies.
- Be able to identify new product and market opportunities.
- Work with other Sulzer GTC personnel to effectively manage contact changes.
- Utilize industry and customer contacts to influence project requirements in order to satisfy both the customer and Sulzer GTC.
- Identify and mitigate the risk involved with commercial terms and conditions, contract structure and pricing, interfacing with Legal and Accounting Departments, as appropriate.
- Identify partnering opportunities and apply those concepts to develop and maintain win/win customer relationships.
- Manage territory and accounts wisely with emphasis on positioning Sulzer GTC favorably for best opportunities. Use information from customer contacts and create and execute selling strategies that address customer needs.
- Develop and maintain corporate knowledge/expertise on assigned territory, including customers, industries, competitors, locally available labor, products, and services.
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 50% both domestically and internationally.
- Fluent in English speaking/listening/writing/reading. Ability to read and interpret technical and commercial documents in English language. Fluent in Korean, Chinese or Japanese language is a plus.
- Ability to define problems, collects data, establishes facts, and draws valid conclusions. Understanding of the cultural norms for doing business across the globe.
- Must be proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); process simulations (Pro II or Aspen) experience is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree (BS) from four-year College or university or equivalent in Chemical Engineering.
- A minimum of ten years’ experience in engineering design, plant operations, technical services, business development, or sales/marketing in the refining/petrochemical industry.
Education / Experience
Sulzer GTC has an excellent benefits package that will be discussed during the interview process.
How to Apply
Submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Insert ‘Sales Manager Korea’ in the subject line.