Job Title: Operations Coordinator
Department: Research & Development, Bozeman, Montana
Reports to: Research & Development Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The Operations Coordinator will coordinate the activities of Sulzer GTC Technology’s Research and Development (R&D) Facility based in Bozeman, Montana. This role will manage all aspects of vendor ordering and price negotiation, as well as interfacing with Sulzer GTC global offices and coordinating all R&D meetings, both internal and external. Responsibilities includes accurate and timely maintenance of the R&D corporate calendar, as well as all expense reporting and invoice tracking. The Operations Coordinator will maintain organized documentation on the R&D server, interface with Montana State University and coordinate all planning for hosting Sulzer GTC clients to the Bozeman office. Additionally, the position will assist in the generation of professional data packages and perform other specialized duties as assigned by R&D management.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports all lab personnel with chemical and equipment ordering.
- Tracks all R&D expenditures, including project hours and staff PTO.
- Provides summaries of comparative pricing options as required.
- Coordinates and follows up on domestic and international chemical sample shipments.
- Proactively maintains vendor maintenance contracts for fume hoods, fire extinguishers, hazardous waste removal, etc.
- Recommends new approaches and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of the department and services performed.
- Coordinates the maintenance of office equipment, including copier, fax machine, etc.
- Negotiates the purchase of office supplies and furniture, office equipment, etc., for the entire staff in accordance with company purchasing policies and budgetary restrictions.
- Participates as needed in special department projects.
- Booking overseas/domestic travel, hotel, etc.
- Coordinate internal and external meetings, including preparing documentation, agendas, catering and setting up meeting rooms, etc.
- Answer and direct incoming phone calls or visitors to appropriate resources.
- International/domestic shipping via (FedEx/TNT/USPS) as necessary.
- Create/maintain Excel spreadsheets, PowerPoint documents, Word documents, formatting of documents, preparing PDF documents.
- Planning and coordination of company events with managers.
- Reads and routes incoming mail. Locates and attaches appropriate file to correspondence to be answered by employer.
- Composes routine correspondence.
- Organizes and maintains file system and files correspondence and other records.
- Greets scheduled visitors and conducts to appropriate area or person.
- Makes copies of correspondence or other printed materials.
- Any other duties of a similar or lesser nature as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to managing time and resources to ensure work is completed efficiently and within established timeframes.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Works precisely and pays close attention to details.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Outlook, PDF programs such as Adobe Acrobat.
- Skills in managing computer databases preferred.
- Ability to receive verbal and written requests and to follow up proactively required.
Education / Experience
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university preferred; or five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Ability: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Ability to communicate effectively with remote offices.
Math Ability: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have excellent knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); Outlook email, calendars, etc.
Sulzer GTC offers an excellent benefits package that will be discussed during the interview.
How to Apply
Send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and enter ‘Operations Coordinator’ in the subject line.