Date Posted: May 15, 2014
Headquartered in Houston, TX, Sulzer GTC Technology US Inc. is a global licensor of process technologies, offering engineering services, process equipment solutions, chemicals and catalysts to the chemical, petrochemical refining and gas processing markets. Our people are our greatest asset – we strive to create a culture that provides challenge, fun and balance. We are seeking a qualified Licensing Engineer to join our dynamic company.
In this role, you will be responsible for technology sales, customer relationships, technical solutions with licensed products, and coordination of in-house proposals to clients.
Travel Time Required
50% of the time (approximate)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Market assessment for technology licensing
- Regular customer visits to gather intelligence and to promote technology sales
- Give technical presentations at industry conferences
- Preparation of presentation materials, suited for the local clientele.
- Achieve specified sales goals to be decided between employee and management
- Supporting Global Licensing Manager
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) from four-year college or university, or equivalent degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering
- 5 years minimum experience in design engineering, plant operations, or technical services for refining and petrochemical production plants
- Technical experience in refinery and petrochemical operations, aromatics, benzene, polyesters, paraxylene, steam cracker plants, FCC, PTA, hydroprocessing, hydro cracking, proplylene, ethylene, butadiene, fundamental refinery exp, BTX, PX
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English language. Preferred general language skills (reading and basic conversation) in a secondary language
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Familiar with process simulation software Ability to define problems, analyze customers, collect data, set sales strategy, and be diligent to conclude sales
- Understanding of the cultural norms for doing business across the world
- Having evidenced skills of persuasion (desirable, not mandatory)
- Familiarity with contract documentations and negotiations.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and an extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
Education / Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering
How to Apply
Candidates seeking a challenging new opportunity are encouraged to submit their resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.